Friday, January 11, 2013

JavaScript file in HTML head wont run

Recently while developing I ran into an issue where I was dynamically adding JavaScript files to my page using PHP. The problem was that none of those JavaScript files would execute their code.

After looking for any errors in developer tools and not getting any, I was stumped. I first tested by adding console logging code to the JavaScript files to ensure they never got run. Once I had done this I went about removing the statements from the page to see if placing things back line by line would improve the situation. Finally, I noticed that the type value was incorrectly set in the script tag. Once this was changed from "text/javscript" to "text/javascript" my JavaScript files began to run correctly.

No comments: