Tuesday, June 21, 2011

NetBeans 7 - Deletes my files!

When I saw that NetBeans 7 was ready for download, I anxiously upgraded. At first it's new features appeared to be great until I suddenly realized that files on my server were being deleted...

NetBeans would go to download my web site from the server to the local hard drive. After this process was complete, I found several files on my server had disappeared. I restored them via subversion (thank goodness, I am using versioning). I ran this test several more times to see if I could find correlations to what was deleted, however the problem seemed to select files at random.


Returned to NetBeans 6.9.1 for now. I sure hope they fix these issues soon. I have really enjoyed the new features:

  • Introduction of JDK 7 support including editor enhancements (syntax, hints)
  • Revamped support for WebLogic Application Server and GlassFish 3.1
  • Oracle Database improvements
  • HTML5 editing support
  • Maven 3 is supported and bundled with the IDE
  • Improved support for CDI, REST services, Java Persistence, and Bean Validation
  • PHP Rename Refactoring
  • Line wrapping
  • Improved detection of external changes (native file system listening)
  • Updates to the C/C++ support (remote file system browsing, library projects running/debugging, enhanced templates/specializations)
  • Support for Git 1.7.х
  • Additional enhancements are listed at the NetBeans IDE 7.0 New and Noteworthy page
Featured from: netbeans.org

No comments: